Azure’s Bachelor’s degree programs prepare and nurtures you to succeed in today’s competitive economic and society by integrating real-world applications to your academic study, thus making you an all-rounded student of business, technology, education, social, behavioral and health sciences. The diversity of our curriculum ensures that you have strong and comprehensive foundation that will sharpen your acuity and the ability synthesize pertinent concepts across disciplines in such a way that:
- Youcan leverage your enhanced creativity to provide solutions to real-world problems
- You benefit from social responsibility-oriented courses that prepare you to face 21st century challenges and tap into available opportunities.
Our education generally seeks to enable you explore new way of thinking by focusing on building your capacity to leverage such skills as discovery, evaluation, expression, change and perspectives as you pursue such lines of courses as communication, humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, and social sciences. Ultimately, the students will gain exceptional critical- and creative-thinking, written and verbal communication, problem-solving, and group skills.
Discovery:The program will prepare students to use information drawn from multiple sources and apply different methods, among them bibliographic, textual, experiential, and experimental research.
Evaluation: By exposing students to qualitative and quantitative logic, ethics, pragmatics, and different scientific methods, they will be able to employ such discourses, in multiple forms and contexts, when conducting critical assessment of texts and arguments.
Expression: The course will build the student’s capacity to uphold ethical practices when communicating or expressing opinions, both verbal and non-verbal, via the use of oral, written, behavioral, and visual methods, all customized to meet the diverse needs of audiences.
Perspective: The learner will be able to consistently and flexibly articulate the knowledge acquired as experienced across time, space and culture.
Change:Students will be able to demonstratively articulate the extent to which, when expressed in different perspectives, their discovery, evaluative, expressive skills can ensure that they achieve their individual goals and affect social change.
General Education Areas and Requirements
Undergraduate students must take a total of 46 general education credits as follows:
- 10 credits in Written and Oral Communications (must include ENGL 1010)
- 11 credits in Arts/Humanities
- 10 credits in Mathematics/Natural Sciences
- 10 credits in Social Science
- 5 credits within any General Education category
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program offered at Azure is designed to propel working professionals like you towards the path of lifelong learning and success.
By building your capacity to maximize your career options, nurturing your professionalism, and ensuring that you reach your potential, Azure will definitely help you define your potential. Being a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration student will see you:
- Gain practical and relevant knowledge and skills from the course work that is composed 70% business topics, which you can leverage in different roles, functions and industries.
- Gain pertinent insight into how such business functions as accounting, finance, operations and marketing are integrated for smooth operation of organizations.
- Conduct a critical analysis of issues that influence business decisions by drawing from multiple perspectives, including legal, economic, ethical, political and social change.
- Examine the extent to which organizations can leverage the tools of technology and innovation to gain a sustainable competitive advantage.
The experience that Azure has acquired over the past 45 years that it has been serving the needs of adult learners means that it currently has a better understanding of the challenges faced by students when trying to balance between work, school and personal commitments. As such, we have designed a comprehensive student support service that integrates a wide scope of resources to ensure student success and long-term positive wellbeing. Azure will help you navigate the journey to attaining your educational and professional objectives by dedicating its time from the moment you express your interest to pursue the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program to the day you graduate.
Students pursuing our Azure’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program should, upon graduating, be able to:
- Master and demonstrate exceptional proficiency in business principles and practices that are fundamental to a firm’s operation in both the local and global markets.
- Solve real-world business problems by leveraging individual capacity to think critically and analyze situations.
- Make informed inferences from economic, political, legal and social perspectives when analyzing the critical issues that often influence business decisions.
- Explain the extent to which a company’s diversity shapes its prospects of success.
- Evaluate how a firm can use technology to gain a competitive advantage in the market.
- Acquire and integrate new knowledge drawn from scholarly sources when conducting any research.
Find a Meaningful Career
Azure’s BS in Business Administration degree harbors the potential to open doors for future career prospects and growth in earnings by enhancing your ability to secure a meaningful career that will see you make real difference to humanity.
A recent market assessment showed that between 2012 and 2022, 13 of the 30 fastest-growing occupations require a bachelor’s degree or higher.*
For more about the prospects of BS in Business Administration graduates, check this career outlook.
Enhance Your Earnings Potential
Being a graduate of Azure’s business administration program can significantly raise your earning potential as you progress in your career. In fact, recent studies show that the past four decades have seen a substantial increase in the gap in earning between the holders of a four-year degree and the non-holders.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, adults with bachelor’s degrees earned an average of $57,616 in 2013, while those with high school diplomas earned $33,852.†
According to a study conducted by Georgetown University, a bachelor’s degree holder can expect to earn 84% more over their lifetime than someone with only a high school diploma.‡
With increasingly more people seeking higher education, the only way to remaining competitive in the future job market is to be a bachelor’s degree holder.
- Recent data show that degree-granting postgraduate institutions registered an increase in undergraduate enrolment from 13.2 million students in the fall of 2000 to 17.6 million students in the fall of 2009.
- Also, projections show that undergraduate enrolment will register a 16% increase to about 20.3 million students between 2011 and 2021.
Reach Your Potential
Possessing Azure’s BS in Business Administration definitely increases your chances of success in this competitive world. Our advice is that you take this course and set yourself for further opportunities to complete your master’s and doctoral degrees.
- Develop skills for success in:
- Critical thinking
|COMM 1003||Introduction to Mass Communication|
|COMM 2002||Fundamentals of Public Speaking|
|HMNT 1001||Living and Learning in a Technological World|
|PHIL 1001||Introduction to Philosophy|
|RELG 2001||World Religions|
|HIST 2006||World History 1945–2000|
|POLI 1001||American Government and Politics|
|MATH 1040||College Algebra Concepts|
|MATH 1025||Exploring Mathematics in the Everyday World|
|ENGL 1000||Academic Writing|
|BUSI 1002||Introduction to Management and Leadership|
|ACCT 1004S||Fundamentals of Accounting|
|STAT 2002||Business Statistics|
|BUSI 2001||Business Law|
|HRMG 3001||Human Resource Management|
|FNCE 3001||Financial Management|
|ISYS 3001||Information Systems in Enterprise|
Small Business Management
|BUSI 4002||Small Business Ventures|
|BUSI 4003||Marketing Strategies for Small Business|
|BUSI 4004||Customer Relationship Management for Small Business|
|Strategic Services Marketing|