Infused in this program arethe latest cutting-edge knowledge in the essential areas and topics of electronics and communication engineering. The course seeks to equip students with the skills and knowledge associated with the latest tools, methods and technologies used in designing and operating today’s Radio and telecommunication networks. Essentially, this Engineering program focuses on the theoretical and practicalconcepts of telecommunication engineering.
Specifically, the course will sharpen student skills in such areas as electronic engineering, data communication, wireless networks, VLSI & embedded systems, as well as on the concepts of digital communications. Students pursuing this program benefit from an Engineering degree that equips the practical experience essential for building their career in such industries as telecommunication, Radio and Television, Universities as well as in assorted research institutions.
To ensure that students have hands-on experience, the program outline is designed in a way that it is highly practical-oriented, and offers students the opportunity to handle modern equipment currently used by the leading corporations globally.
What you will learn
Students pursuing this Bachelor degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering program are exposed to the basic knowledge of the field in addition to acquiring specialized knowledge and skills in such areas as:
- Telecommunication, data and computer networking:
Through this topic, the students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to master and analyze the structure, functionality, and operating principles that characterize modern communication systems. Among the communication systems studied include mobile communication networks from 2G to 5G (GSM, UMTS, LTE, etc.), optical communication systems, computer networks (LAN, WAN, Internet), audio and video broadcasting systems, satellite communications, global positioning system (GPS), among others.The learners will receive expert training on numerous skills used to manage different aspects of communication devices and systems, among them maintenance, design, computing, installation, manufacture, and system fixing. The course will also build the students’ capacity to code processing algorithms, conduct a comprehensive evaluation and analysis aimed at improving the current system’s functionality and optimize resource use on such aspects as bandwidth, signal power, and time.
- Applied electronic circuits:
Through this topic, students will be able to master the physical characteristics of electronic devices and circuits, andwill learn how to design and analyze electronic modules that are widely used in everyday life aspects, among themAM and FM transmission, Radio Studio set up, both short and medium distance transceivers, etc.
- Digital audio, image, and video processing:
Students will develop the expertise to effectively analyze, design, and program the algorithms used to process digital signal, whether audio, video, or image signals, and to oversee the successful implementation of applications designed to execute audio and image enhancement, data compression, object identification, speech recognition and synthesis, music applications, etc. The application of these algorithms spansmultiple areas, among them being entertainment, electronic commercial, traffic control, security and criminal affairs.
Students that graduate from this program can be employed in nearly all areas of ICT engineering. Precisely, the program will equip them with the knack to not only supervise, but also to execute such tasks as design, implementation and management of electronic systems. These tasks span the fields of:
- Consumer electronics.
- Radio and Television
- Mobil and Cellphone towers
- Automatic control and robotics.
- Multimedia, image and sound.
- Energy and sustainability.
- Photonics and light technologies.
- Aeronautics and aerospace industry.
- Pre-calculus for Engineering Technology
- Linear Algebra
- Basic Physics
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Fundamentals of Signals and Systems
- Theory of Circuits and Electronics
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering
- Signals and Systems
- Analogue Electronics
- History of Radio Communication
- Principles of Telecommunication
- Network Planning and Design
- Electronic components and circuits
- Radiation and Guided Waves
- Communication Systems 1
- Wireless Infrastructure and Policy
- Fiber Optic Telecommunications Technology
- Fiber Optic Telecommunications Technology Lab
- Telecommunications Concepts
- Internet of Things
- Network and Radio Cabling & Lab
- Calculus for Engineering Technology
- Solar Energy Technology
- Engineering Computer Applications
- Techniques in Audio Production
- AM Transmitter Technology & Lab 1
- AM & FM Antenna Technology & Lab 2
- Radio Studio Technology 1& Lab
- Capstone Project 1